Witches Turkey A Winter Warming Recipe
Turkey breast filled with Prunes and smoked Cheese bound in Parma Ham served with a fruity red wine Fig sauce and sweet Potato Donuts.
Suzie joined The Ship and Castle Hotel, St Mawes in August 2009 as 2nd chef and was promoted to Head Chef in September 2010. Since being at the hotel Suzie has successfully overseen a number of menu changes. Suzie started her career in her native Hungary before spending three and a half years working in Scotland, then moving to St Mawes.
This recipe will serve 4 people
4 slices of Turkey Breast
4 slices Parma Ham
70g smoked Cheese
300ml fruity Red Wine
1 large sweet Potato or normal Potato
3 fresh Figs
Pinch of Salt
Pinch of Pepper
Pinch of Ginger
2-3 table spoons of Demerara Sugar
1 fresh Egg
400g Self Raising Flour
Oil to fry
Cooking method for Turkey:
Pre heat oven to 185 degrees Celsius
1. Soak Prunes in Red Wine for 30 minutes.
2. Cut Turkey about 1 cm thick.
3. Cut the smoked cheese into small pieces.
4 Stuff the Turkey with Smoked Cheese and drained Prunes then roll into Parma ham.
5. Cook for 25 minutes at 185 degrees Celsius
Cooking method for Potato Donuts:
1. Mash the Potato or Sweet Potato
2. Add 1 Egg
3. Add self-Raising flour
4. Season with salt and pepper
5. Mix them well
6. Make small balls and fry them slowly (To make sure they are cooked through)
Cooking method for sauce:
1. Add fruity Red Wine in a saucepan
2. Add Demerara Sugar
3. Add pinch of Ginger
4. Cook until boiling
5. Cut Figs into quarters
6. Add Figs into the boiling sauce and cook for 5-7 minutes until glazed.
Serve and Enjoy!
This recipe was provided by Suzie Molnar, Head Chef at The Ship and Castle Hotel.
Is there a dish you’ve enjoyed at one of our hotels that you’d like the recipe for. Let us know and we’ll ask the Chef for it. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org